PARENT UPDATE – CURRENT SCHOOL OPERATIONS
TERM 4 – No further lifting of restrictions by Education Queensland at this time.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our staff may choose to wear facemasks at school. While there is no current health advice to require the use of face masks as a measure to prevent COVID-19 transmission, our school and the Department of Education recognise some staff members may want to wear face masks at work and we support their decision to do so.
Our school continues to implement the Queensland Health recommended preventative actions to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission which includes:
- keep 1.5 metres apart
- wash hands frequently
- stay at home if unwell
- avoid large gatherings and crowded indoor spaces
- and practise good hygiene.
If you have any questions or concerns about this please speak to a member of our school leadership team.
Many of the current directives and restrictions have remained in the latest Operating Guidelines for State Schools published on 3 August 2020.
- Hygiene routines will remain the same.
- Parent restrictions in the school grounds continue. Exceptions only for going to the tuckshop, uniform shop, office or to a prearranged meeting with a teacher. At the moment, the preferred method to communicate with staff is via phone or email.
- Drop off and pick up times will remain the same.