Many of the current directives and restrictions have remained in the latest Operating Guidelines for State Schools published on 6 August 2021.
- Hygiene routines will remain the same.
- Parent restrictions in the school grounds continue. Exceptions only for going to the tuckshop, uniform shop, office or to a prearranged meeting with a teacher. At the moment, the preferred method to communicate with staff is via phone or email.
- Masks to be worn by all parents in the school grounds.
- Parents to use QR Reader, available at each gate entry before entering the school.
- Restrictions to 1 person per 4m indoors
- Parents are asked to limit themselves where possible congregating in numbers while waiting in the school – maintain the 1.5m social distancing.
Presently the most challenging time for us is the “Drop Off and Pick Up” times. To assist with congestion and social distancing the following plan remains in place.
8:15 AM - 8:25 AM Years 4, 5, & 6 - use the drop-off zone
8:25 AM - 8:35 AM Years 2 & 3 - use the drop-off zone or car park
8:35 AM - 8:45 AM Years 1 & Prep - use the car park
If you have children across the drop-off times, select the youngest child's drop-off time to drop off all the children.N.B. Parents are not to exit their vehicle in the Drop Off Zone. If you need to get bags out or unbuckle younger children you should use the carpark so not to inconvenience other parents. Remember to always move to the bottom of the Drop Off Zone, so other cars can access the drop off zone without being potentially put at risk by trying to get around unnecessarily.
2:45 PM - Years 1, 2 & Prep - Junior Oval
Teachers will take classes down to the oval. Prep will go to the covered area. Year 1 centre of the oval. year 2 Hall side. Markers will be put out for parents to remain behind on the far end of the oval. Teachers will send students as soon as possible to parents. Parents are encouraged to leave immediately. Oval gate will be closed by 2:55 PM. Students going to OSHC will be picked up. Students being picked up by older siblings will be taken to the sandstone/sails area by 2:55 PM. Please do not leave your car in the Gympie Road Drop/pick up zone.
2:55 PM - Years 3-6 dismissed as normal. Parents remain outside of school. Again, staff will be on hand to help students exit.
We will continue to follow all government expectations regarding Covid Restrictions. Let’s hope they ease again shortly. We will keep you up to date of any changes.