Monday 22nd – Friday 26th March 2021
Parent-Teacher Interviews will be offered for all year levels between Monday 22nd – Friday 26th March. Bald Hills State School will use an online booking platform, Schools Online Booking System (SOBS), for our biannual parent-teacher interviews. Every school family will receive an email next week, detailing how to make interview bookings.
The SOBS booking link will become active on Monday 15th March at 9:00 AM for bookings.
Parent-Teacher Interviews will be located in your child’s classroom. Interviews will be of 12 minutes duration with 3 minutes between meetings to allow for parents to get to the next meeting if required. The time limits will be enforced to ensure the flow of the interviews remains on schedule.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be limiting the number of people at each interview to a maximum of two people. Parents can also opt for a telephone interview during the booking process instead of being face-to-face. Hand sanitiser will be available and expectations around social distancing will be enforced. Additional information re: hygienic practices and social distancing will be shared in the email next week.
Parent-Teacher Interviews offer an opportunity to discuss your child’s progress and to strengthen communication and understanding between home and school. Teachers are appreciative of any information that will assist them in teaching their students.
After the interview, school families can continue to follow up with their child’s progress via some actions below:
- Discussing the interview with your child, including any key points of action,
- Focus on the positives that were shared and be direct about improvement areas,
- Ask your child regularly about what they have been learning at school,
- Act on any suggestions made by your child’s teacher, and
- Keep communicating with your child’s teacher via preferred communication channels.
Alternative arrangements are in place for these classes:
- 3R – Mrs Tibbits will issue a letter next week advising 3R parents about Term 2 dates for interview bookings, since her coming leave includes the week of our interviews.
- 6C – Mr Corry will hold interviews on Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd, since his coming leave includes Wednesday – Friday of the week of our interviews, so get in quick!